Monday, July 11, 2011

Purpose of This blog

I want to start by saying that the purpose of this blog is to present Christianity to people that would consider themselves irreligious. I want to show this group of people that "Christianity is neither religion nor irreligion but something different" as stated by a popular preacher, Tim Keller.

Most people think that they have figured out the essence of Christianity and the truth is that Christianity is misunderstood by many, even by people who profess faith in Christ.

I had a conversation with someone last night and was asked questions such as "You can't possibly believe every word of the bible? or Look at all the evil done by people who say they are Christians why follow a religion whose members are lunatics? or How can you say that your religion is the only correct way to God?" I believe these questions are fair and should be answered by believers, which is one reason I want to do this blog.

And so, with this blog I hope that I can tackle these questions that many of my friends and family members have and at the same time show that understanding and applying the central message of Christianity, the gospel, to ones life is not subjugating but liberating.


1 comment: